Thursday, October 31, 2013

Back from Hiatus part 4: More Music Live in Japan! Hatsune Miku Magical Mirai 2013 and Hardcore TANO*C 10th anniversary

I love Music, and one of the thing I like the most about being in Japan is being able to see a lot of live from band/circles I love.
If I didn't go, I'd feel like I would be really wasting my time in Japan. So I try to go to as many as I can, even if it means eating only Gyuudon for a while!

Hatsune Miku Magical Mirai 2013

I am not a big fan of Vocaloid. I like some songs, but I'm not really following it. I usually don't like MMD videos, and compared to the immense number of Vocaloid songs, the number I like is really small.
But I really wanted to go see this event live, especially for the technical aspect of it.

I am a Macross Fan, and in Macross+ there is a virtual Idol named Sharon apple. She is a computer generated image/voice, idolized by everyone. Miku is the real life Sharon Apple. I find thins really interesting.

Before the show there was some shops and art gallery, as well as a corporate exhibition around the event's ground. It was kinda interesting, I really wanted to buy the Miku towel, but it was sold-out when I got there.



The Miku Towel, pretty nice isn't it?







About the show itself now, unfortunately, I was too much out of the loop, and I didn't know any songs.
The music was played by a live band above the stage, with them sometimes going down beside Miku for some songs. They even had someone doing back-vocals, only the main voice was pre-recorded.

The visual was pretty neat, but I was a little far away, and I believe this event is a lot better for those being in the center seats, because if you're elevated, the screen on which the Miku hologram is projected has a lot of reflections in it, which makes it a little harder to see, and make it a little more visible that it's an actual screen and not just a real Miku standing there.
But still the hologram was beautiful. There were some pretty fast moves at some time, and even then the picture was still great.
Add to this the crazy Japanese crowds with their thousands of light-sticks, different colors depending on which Vocaloid is "on stage" and it creates one of the most visually impressive event ever.



They were kinda strict on the "no picture" thing, so I couldn't get any good pictures.

In retrospect, I'm happy I went and witnessed it, but I won't go again, I saw it once, and I'm satisfied!
you can see all my pictures from this event here: Hatsune Miku Magical Mirai 2013

 Hardcore TANO*C 10th anniversary

Hardcore TANO*C were celebrating their 10th anniversary, and this time, all my favourite DJs were there. There was no way I could miss that!

It was a while ago, so I don't remember everything, but it was great!
They used a different setup for artists this time, instead of having a single DJ doing a 20-30 min set, they had the DJ's paired by group of 2, and had them doing ~50min sets. It was really great, especially the part where my two favourite DJs DJ Noriken and P*Light were paired and gave an incredible performance.

Another nice thing was that Yuccako was there and did live singing on a bunch of songs including Let's Sing, Actually I think they played Let's Sing remixed 4 times differently during the night, it was nice!



Actual light saber duel on stage

I'll never get tired of those, and I'll go again if I have the chance!
Go there to see all my pics from the show (not many): HARDCORE TANO*C 10th Anniversary

No comments: