Friday, October 18, 2013

Back from Hiatus, part 1 - Comiket 84 report

Why did I stop writing? I don't exactly know, I got fed up with it, and with my life in general I guess, maybe the lack of money hit me mentally and stopped me from writing? I don't know.
It's not like I didn't have anything to talk about, a bunch of stuff happened in the last 2 months.... oh well, I'll do a couple post about what happened ion the last 2 months and start posting again, hopefully regularly...

Comiket 84 report:

So last time I wrote was just after comiket, so here's a very late, and very short report (since I forgot a lot of what happened)

Day 1:

So during day 1, I decided to try and go buy something at the corporate booth. We started with Shaft...
Reaching the Shaft line took 1:45, then we waited in that unmoving line for more than 2 hours, under the burning sun, in the hottest day of this summer, which broke heat records. I tried to stay hydrated, but I failed, I almost fainted, I had to bail out, fortunately my friend, which can handle the heat more than I can, was able to finish the line and get some stuff.
After finishing the Shaft line, my friend came to pick me up where I was resting, and we went around the rest of the corporate booth, everything was pretty much sold out at that point though. And we were so tired we didn't actually look around for real, so we decided to call it a day and leave.
Overall Day 1 was not fun.

Here's some picture of hell:





I can't imagine how you could wear a costume like this in that kind of heat. It's suicide!

Day 2:

Day 2 was pretty fun overall, we went to the cosplay area, took a bunch of pictures, and wandered aimlessly while looking around in the doujin area and the corporate booths. We tried to find the KanColle book everyone wanted, but couldn't find it. I found the 5pb. booth however and got myself some awesome loot!



I remember I bought some stuff in the doujin area as well, but I don't remember what.
I don't know if it's always like this, or if's the first year, last time I came I thuygh the cosplay area changed location depending on the day, but now I think the 3 area are always open at the same time... well it was this way this time. We spent quite a while in there so here's my favourite shots:



This one is pretty awesome because it looks like Cirno is melting from the heat




Simply the best girl of Comiket


This girl had the most beautiful smile I have ever seen

Her again





You can see all the pictures from Day 2 here: Summer Comiket 2013 Day 2

On a side note, there was an Itasha and Itabike on the way from the station to the event, and I took some pictures, the bike looked especially nice!




I want that bike

Day 3:

Day 3 was Touhou day, and Doujin music day, so it was shopping day, the first half of the day was us running around circles and getting CDs. I spoke with IRON CHINO, Miko, DJ Noriken, and maybe others, but I forgot. This is the reason why I love Doujin event so much, you get to actually talk to the people who make the stuff you like. It's awesome.
Miko is still Love.

After the shopping I went to see Raide (a guy I met on G+, who worked on Katawa Shoujo) at the Katawa Shoujo booth, spoke with him a little and then went to the cosplay area for more pictures.

Unfortunatly we were there late, and they were about to close, so I couldn't get as much as I wanted, but here are my favourite shots from day 3:


















You can see all Comiket Day 3 pictures here: Summer Comiket 2013 Day 3
And that's it for the Comiket report, I apparently didn't take a picture of my loot.
Hope you enjoyed, stay tuned for the part 2 of my what happened during my hiatus!

Updated (2013/10/19 13:44 JST): added link to day 3 album

No comments: