Monday, October 28, 2013

Bunkasai (Culture festival) and M3

Hello everyone, This post is about current events, and not about things that happened during my Hiatus, I'll actually post more about the hiatus later, but I tough talking about currently happening stuff would be interesting as well.
Especially since that stuff was pretty interesting!

Jinssei Girl High School's Bunkasai

A bunkasai is a culture festival, as far as I know, all schools in Japan host these kind of events. There's two major festivals at schools in Japan, the Sport festival, and the culture festival. The sport festival is usually a school competition in sport events, kinda like school Olympics, and the culture festival is everything else.
We other see this festival in Anime, the classes do either Haunted house, cafe or things like that, the clubs do club related stuff like presentations.
According to the girl who invited me to her festival, it's the second most boring in Japan (which one is the first?) because the teachers won't allow them to use costumes or make haunted houses.
Boring or not, it was my first time seeing one for real, outside of Anime, so I was really curious!

There was a lot of things I only learned about Japanese school through anime and games, like how the change their shoes before entering the school and stuff like that, so I was kinda scared to do something bad while I was there, so my technique was to follow people around, and do like them.

First place I went to see was their Gymnasium, where the kendo club had a presentation.


After watching them for a while I wandered around in the school, entering in random classes to see the expositions. There was flower arrangements, art galleries, a sweet museum. Their English club had little games, and I spoke with them a little.

In the end I was never able to find the girl who invited me at the festival... maybe she was on a floor I didn't visit because I didn't know if I was allowed to go there or not (if nobody walked there, I didn't go either).

The most interesting part of this festival was probably their Light Music Club's live shows. It seems like they have a big club because they had 11 different bands, and while I only saw 3 of them, I saw 13 different members of the club.
Some of them are actually really promising, one girl had a really awesome voice.



The genre were pretty diverse too, the first ones I saw did regular pop, the second one was metal, and the last one was punk/rock.
It was really interesting to watch the crowd of little girls headbanging and slamming to the music... It's not everyday you see a slam of 14-17 year old girls... so I took a video of it!



The festival lasted 2 days. but I couldn't  go on day 2 because I was at...

M3 2013 - Fall

 So it's my 3rd time going to M3, you can see the previous reports under the M3 label here M3
This year when I checked the list of circles I usually go see, I was dissapointed. Most circles released their latest albums for an event in Osaka a couple of weeks ago, and a bunch of circles didn't seem to participate... but I was wrong, it was mostly because all these circle just don't update their stupid websites! I went there thinking I would buy only 6 albums, including 3 albulms released in Osaka a couple of weeks back, but ended up buying 21 and running away without checking the whole event because it was getting just too much.
I really love this event, there's a lot of good music, and it's a good place to discover new circles, but it gets expensive fast because when people ask you to come and listen to their album, it's hard to say no. and if it's good, well I but it, so it really stack up quickly.

One of the biggest difference between this M3 and the previous one was that there was a lot of KanColle arrange albums... KanColle is the new Touhou! I think two of the album I bought are about KanColle, but there was a lot available.
I also asked IRON CHINO about this, and asked him if he planned to do a KanColle arrange album, and he said it's interesting and that he will probably do it.

Once again I also took the time to speak with Miko, she had a weird Wig this time, but she's as Kawaii as ever!
She released 3 albums (well 1 of them seem to be a DVD but I didn't check it yet).

Heres a picture of my M3 loot:





That ends this post, Lots of things coming up in the next week, so I should be posting a lot. Also expect the continuation of the "Hiatus" posts.

1 comment:

Aruto-kun said...

Bunkasai at an all-girls school? Feel the moe!