Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas in Japan

Sucks.
...
This year was my first Christmas in Japan as someone who lives here.
2 years ago I was just arriving, and I was clearly just a tourist, and last year I went back to Canada.

So I had apprehension to the arrival of this Christmas.

While in Canada Christmas is mostly about Family, here it's about couples.
Being single, that wasn't really a nice sounding event.
But even as I was already not looking forward to it, I was underestimating another important fact.
Christmas is also not an holiday officially here, so there's no day off for it. And to top it up, right now at work we're doing overtime like crazy. So I spent the 24 and 25 pretty much in front of my computer working.

When I got home, since I was alone, I celebrated Christmas with Shinobu the best I could.


Merry Christmas!

No comments: