Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Comiket 86!

Here the comiket 86 post that should have been done 3 days ago!

From August 15th to the 17th, at the Tokyo Big Sight in Odaiba, the 86th Comiket was held.
As always, There was a crazy amount of people (total attendance of the week-end was 550,000 persons) and as always, it was way too damn hot!
For those who don't know Comiket... I've explained it before so go read there.

*This part of the post might be good information to anyone getting their hands on a circle ticket and who don't know how things will work with them)
This time I was really lucky and got my hands on a circle ticket (circle tickets are given to the members of the circles that will sell goods at the comiket so that they can enter earlier to set up their tables. Sometimes they have too many tickets so some people give it to their friends or sell them). So since I had a circle ticket I tough I wouldn't have to line up at all at first. While walking past the big lines outside I felt really happy to have this ticket. I had one worry though. I wanted to use this ticked to go close to the Corporate booths so I could get hard to get items faster. But would they let me go there? on my ticket, the booth number was in the eastern hall, and the corporate booths are on the western halls. Also a lot of blogs around said that people using these tickets to line up earlier was frowned upon.... well I don't know if that used to be true. but that's clearly not true anymore.

When you arrive at the TBS door with your ticket, they just take it away, so now you're inside, and you can walk anywhere. So I just followed up the directions to the corporate booth, and then I saw... that there's actually a fucking lot of people using those tickets to line up in advance for corporate booths, as there was already big line ups inside the big sight.

Shaft line, at about 8am, 2 hours before the oppening



This is the line I was in, at 9:30, 30 minute before opening.
This made me realize how many people there are, and how useless it is to just "come early". Comiket is crazy.
This is a picture of the top of the outside lines, seen from inside:


The ticket in the end was a great help, In 30 minutes I had already done 3 corporate booths, and that's probably before people who arrived at 7am (1 hour before me) outside, would even have entered the halls.

After the intensive shopping, I met my friend at the cosplay area. She was cosplaying Haruhi, and was cute doing it as always.


This picture is when I realize I got burned pretty badly by the sun on that day,

On day 2 I went with another friend, It was his first comiket, and he's a touhou fan so he came with me on the touhou day.
He said he enjoyed it, and I'm sure he enjoyed it.... as much as you can enjoy it.
Comiket is fun, but it's a really hard event so you kinda hate/love it at the same time.
I was also supposed to meet my other friend who was cosplaying again on day 2, but couldn't because of bad rain timing, and being stuck in a line to ship my stuff home for 2 damn hours (I got out of that line 20 minutes after the end of the event, which gave me the opportunity to take this picture)


Empty Comiket seems so weird O.o

For day two we got there kinda late (11am is the perfect time to arrive if you want to get inside without doing any line up, anytime before that you'll have to wait) and got stuck into that line up after shopping, so I didn't even have time to take cosplay pictures... but I got a picture of one of the 4 areas before it started to rain.


On a side note, there are 4 cosplay areas in Comiket, this is one of the less crowded ones. The 2 closes to the entrance are so crowded (especially the one in the garden) that it's almost impossible to move from one cosplayer to another when taking pictures.
You literally have to push your way through. It's annoying, and exhausting, both as a photograph getting pushed, and as someone trying to move through.

On day 3 I went alone, and had a little less shopping to do.
So I had time to enjoy it more, and check more cosplay and take more pictures.

Here's some of my favourite cosplay pictures of the week-end, you can see the links to the albums at the end of this post.

Matsumoto from Downtown

My friend as Haruhi


Black Hanekawa

Nagato Yuki, this is a Auto-Awesome gif created by google from a couple of pictures I took

Sadako from the Ring

Ui and Yui from K-On!

Jibril from No Game No Life

Persona

Bakemonogatari

Kill la Kill

Windows XP, thank you!

Tamako Market!

Not completly sure, maybe Conan?

2 sides of Hanekawa

Niku

CCHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Day 1 cosplay pictures: (Google+/Picasa)
Day 3 cosplay pictures: (Google+/Picasa)
Day 1 Google+ Story Version
Day 3 Google+ Story Version

Finally here's a picture of all my C86 loot, including also the stuff I bought for a couple of friends oversea.


And that concludes my Comiket 86 report.
Hope you had fun reading it.

No comments: