Saturday, August 9, 2014

Surprise Matsuri in Shimokitazawa!

Well it must not have been a surprise to people who paid attention, but I didn't know about it.
When I went out to get dinner today I heard some noises that reminded me of a matsuri... I followed them and they led me to a matsuri!

Japanese Festivals (matsuri) are really great. Everyone seems so happy, and energetic! I really love them! I think this one might just have been one of the most fun ones I've been to, too!

I took some pictures and videos to try to convey the atmosphere, but you really need to live one to understand how awesome they are.














 
You can see the full album here (Google+/picasa)

Here are the videos:

Matsuri in Shimokitazawa part 1 by Shurikun




Matsuri in Shimokitazawa part 2 by Shurikun

And of course, you can't go to a matsuri without eating matsuri food!
This time I got some yakisoba!


I hope I can go to a lot of other Matsuri this summer!(and maybe even with a cute girl if I'm lucky!)

No comments: