Saturday, September 6, 2014

I've been drawing for 1 year today.

So last year today was the first time I tried to actually draw something that didn't end up being too awful.
That first drawing was this:


Now I look at my drawings through the year and I'm not completly sure how how much progress I actually made...
My technique is better and my speed has improved by a lot.
A normal full sketch takes me about 15 minutes to 45 minutes (depending on the number of details) while just a head took me about 30+minutes at first.
Completing a drawing with my tablet, coloring and shading used to take me multiple days before, now I can finish it in a couple hours.

Unfortunatly, my faces gets good and then bad depending on the day so it's hard to actually know the extend of my progress on actual looks.

I made a little chart to track it


I can easily see improvement from the first drawing to the last, but not shown in this chat is the awful Akari I did, which threw me back.

Just for fun i'd like to have people vote on their favourite drawing that I did in the last year.
So I'll add a pool here today, along with the drawing list, so that you can vote for your favourite one.
EDIT: Poll added: http://otakushurikn.blogspot.jp/2014/09/best-drawing-092013-092014-poll.html

No comments: