Wednesday, May 15, 2013

HARDCORE TANO*C Live!

I was expecting to write this closer to the last post, but I got sick and didn't feel like writing anything.
Saturday May 4th was my birthday, and while I forgot to go to a Maid Café this year, I went to the HARDCORE TANO*C Live event in Shibuya.
It was my first time attending this kind of event (Electronic music show/rave/whatever). But I was pleased with it. The show lasted 7 or 8 hours, and at the end I was exhausted. The music was great, but "dancing", mouving and bouncing like this for 7 hours really took all my energy. It really felt great though!

For those who don't know who HARDCORE TANO*C is, it's a collective of DJ's from Japan. Most of them do arrange of anime/game songs, but HARDCORE TANO*C is for their Original stuff. You can see a list of their crew here. Some of their most well know DJs are RED ALiCE, DJ Genki, DJ Noriken, t+pazolite, P*Light and USAO. To give you an idea of wat kind of music this is, you can listen to the "Anthem"of their tour



The show in Shibuya was held inside Shibuya WOMB. Apparently, it's one of the most famous Night Club around the world. The place seemed pretty normal to me, but it was great for what it had to do.

The Started at 13:30, and was opened by DJ Genki.




Dj Genki was pretty nice, it was a good warmup for the crowd.  Then came aran:


You can see what each Dj's intro looked like in that video above.
After aran came a trio of DJ, DJ Myosuke vs Massive New Krew.


Sorry, because my phone battery was depleting fast I didn't take that much video, but I do have some cool samples coming.
After them was kenta-vez:


I actually got to record a nice little sample during kenta-vez performance, it was really energetic, and gives a good idea of the mood and ambience there. Also the sound is pretty good for something recorded through a cellphone!


After that came Minamotoya (Couldn't get a good picture of his intro), who did one of my favourite songs from HARDCORE TANO*C albums, Blue sky!


After him came Hommar ju


Then came DJ Shimamura who did a nice cover of Irony, the Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai opening song


They also did some live rapping which was pretty nice, unfortunately it took me by surprise so i only got like the last part


Then came USAO. I really like USAO, but somehow, i really didn'T like his performance at this event, he only did Dubstep. :(


from that point on, my cellphone was almost dead so I only took pictures disconnected from the internet.
After Usao came Noizenecio


After that Came DJ Noriken, and DJ Noriken took his sweet time to start, it was long, he was playing with his settings, and the crowd teased him. It was pretty funny, but it was also really worth it. Noriken was cearly thr highlight of the night. His performance was so electric, it was pure Awesomeness.


After that came a guest, Kors k, it was a pretty nice performance.


And finally came RED ALiCE, finally? Yes finally, because P*Light and t+pazolite we're not present at the event. Which was a huge let down, because they are both awesome, especially P*Light, who is clearly one of my favorite DJ all around. Also, RED ALiCE was also a letdown, his performance was short, and didn't include any of his best works.

Finally the whole crew came to the stage to say goodbye and plug their new CDs.


They did a live version of the TANO*C TOUR 2013 the Anthem with the singer actually singing live, but my phone was completly dead then, so I couldn't even take a picture of it.

Overall the show was great, and the experience was awesome. I was pretty much completly drained after the show but it was worth it!

I'm sorry this post came later than expected, in part because I was sick, and also because it took me like 2 days to write ><.

My next post will probably be about Google I/O coming tonight, and the next one after this should be the answer to the Q&A.

Thanks for watching!

No comments: