Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sakura

Right now Japan is really beautiful. The Sakura (Cherry tree) are blooming, and it's probably the most beautiful tree in the world, during this period... but this period doesn't last long. The Sakura stay in bloom for about a week and a half. this season was earlier than usual too so it took us by surprise, I think I missed the full bloom in Oume, but I still got to see a wonderful sight.

Apparently there was a lot of Sakura in Oume, that's what my friend told me, so we went there to see them. Beside the supposed lot of Sakura, there's also a museum of the Showa period in Oume, so before going to see the Sakura we went to see the museum... it was pretty boring, it's not really an interesting period for me... I guess... well it kinda felt like Fallout, but in japan... anyway you can see the pictures from the museum and Oume here: Oume



While Oume didn't have that many Sakura, there was still a bunch of them. You can see it at the end of the previous album, but here are some of what I think are my best shots






After walking for a while in Oume, I wasn't satisfied, I wanted to see more, and more beautiful Sakura. So we went to Ueno park. I have already been there twice in the past, but never during the Sakura season... and it was Beautiful! There was a lot of people as usual, and it was pretty much a matsuri for the Sakura. Unfortunately, my camera's battery dead when we got there, so I could only take pictures with Jiyu's camera.
I think the pictures can't really make you feel how beautiful it was, but it's still nice to look at them, you can see them here: Ueno Sakura
Here are my favourite shots from Ueno:





 

When I got back home after that, I went on Google+ and I saw this wonderful picture:


(you can see the original post here: Takashi Asao - Google+ - Sakura 2013 )
This picture was taken at the Hotel Chizanso Tokyo in Mejiro. So Jiyu and I went there the day after... This garden is fabulous! Unfortunately, my night photography skills sucks, and I don't have a stand, so Lot of my pictures were blurry, but I still managed to capture a few gems. You can see them all here: Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo
My favourite shots were these:




It's free for anyone to enter and see the Garden of the Hotel, you don't have to pay, or be staying at the Hotel. It's a really beautiful garden, and I'm sure it's still beautiful even when it's not the Sakura season.

That's it for today, I hope you enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Gina said...

C'est vraiment beau!