Friday, March 22, 2013

What hapenned lately part 2/2

Like the last post, this post is a summary of what happened to me in Japan lately. Most of what you'll read here was previously published on G+. If you didn't read the last one yet, please read it here!

Poutine in Japan

Most play who say they sell poutine in Japan actually sell a very poor imitation of poutine. The gravy is awful, and often replaced with seir sauces, and the cheese is grated, and in very low quantity.
I found a place that's not so bad in Shimokitazawa, it's called Robson Fries. While it's still grated cheese, at least they put a decent amount of it, and their gravy is good... It's still not a real good poutine from Quebec, but they don't seem to have any fresh cheese around here so I think it's the best I'll ever find... I really miss Quebec's poutine!






Akihabara Again!

Of course I'll go to Akiba a lot, it's the main spot for Otaku after all!
But this time I didn't go for a fun purpose, I had something important to do, and I did it. That's all there was to it... but I spent a lot of time walking around until that thing was done. Akiba is still a great place to walk around, and you'll often see Itasha like this one while walking around:


Because I still don't have enough money to waste it carelessly, I didn't buy much, but I found an old album by Kimino-Museum, that I never though I'd be able to find, so I bought it. When I returned home I listened to it... it's fucking aweosme! Kimino-Museum are really the best. It's an album fro when Cherose was still around too so it's perfect... I'm still so sad that he left the bad :(
You can listen to a demo here: monologue ~交差する彼方の旋律~

View from my apartment's window

No real idea why, but I felt like taking pictures from my window. The weather was great, so I took a couple of shots, and this is the best one:


I really like it :)

Akihabara... Again! but this time, with friends!

So I went to Akihabara again, but this time with my 2 friends from  work (the same one I went to see the To Aru movie with). We walked around and visited a couple of shops.


I learned a lot more about each of them, especially the taste of the one on the left in the picture are really similar to mine.
We went to a maid cafe, both of them had never tried it, so I was the one guiding 2 Japanese Otaku in Akihabara. It wasn't my best maid cafe experience, but it was fun anyway. One of the maid was really cute and had a great smile. After leaving the maid cafe we visited a couple of shops, there was however a really b ad pollution cloud coming from china around on this day, and it was really bad outside with big gust of wind, so we enter a random shop and I was surprised to find portal related goods!


While it's really popular everywhere else, portal seem unknow to most people in japan, so I was really happy to see it.
After that we went to a Karaoke again, and finished the day while eating yakiniku at one of their house (guy to the right of the picture).
It was a really nice day. It's a little sad, the guy on the right can't really speak English, and I can't really speak Japanese, so we have hard time communicating. but we have similar taste, I really wish we could speak more.

That concludes part 2/2 of my summary.
Thanks for reading!

No comments: