Friday, September 4, 2020

7 years of drawing!

 TL;DR: Vote on your favorite drawing of the last year here: https://otakushurikn.blogspot.com/2020/09/best-drawing-201909-to-202009.html

 

Hello everyone! Today marks the 7th year since I started drawing. And once again, it was kind of a disappointing year when it comes to my drawing.

While I did more illustrations than last year, the same thing happened. After the rush for the new doujin, and the Christmas illustrations, I pretty much stopped completely. But the reason was different this year, it wasn't being burned because I drew too much for the doujin, it was pure frustration. My art regressed last year, and everything I tried just didn't work, and became worse. I am currently unable to draw bodies without using a model, and unable to draw any other face angles than profile. It's weird, especially for that last point, since I was able to do other angles before that. I feel like I'm just getting worse, but it might not be visible on the illustrations I did finish because while my face drawings got worse, I got a little bit better at light and shadows, as well as clothes folds, so the finished product looks good enough. But I had to use models. And my last drawing, you can see all the characters looking to the left, because all I can do is faces view from profiles.

I guess every year, when it comes time to post this anniversary post, is when I start drawing again, so I'll keep trying and hopefully I can go back to at least my level from like a year and half ago.

Anyway, here's my own favourite drawing per month of the last year.

 


 Please take a minute of your time to vote on which was your favourite drawing from me in the last year, I'm always happy to see the results, and if you leave a message, it can help me get better.

You can vote here: https://otakushurikn.blogspot.com/2020/09/best-drawing-201909-to-202009.html

Thank you!

No comments: