Monday, August 5, 2013

30 days challenges: food - Day 12: Monjayaki

WARNING: This post contains disgusting pictures.

Today the CTO of my workplace decided to treat me to some Monjayaki (and okonomiyaki). I told him about my 30 days challenge, and he proposed this. I had never heard about it, so I accepted.

Day 12: Monjayaki, or, the most visually disgusting food ever.

 


This looks just like a pile of v...
But It's actually pretty good! It's a good thing, in this kind of restaurant, you actually made it yourself, so I was able to see it being made in front of my eyes, or I don't think I could have been able to eat it.
You eat it with a little spatula, scratching the burnt part and eating it directly.
I also took pictures of the process, I'll post them too, because they make it seem less disgusting












2 comments:

Jdun said...

I'm surprised as to how it turned from white to brown in the last 2 pictures. Is it only because of the sauce? Is it because it burns a bit then turns to that color? Does it taste like burned/smoked food since, from what I understood, you scratch of the burnt part and eat it (or is it the burnt parts that you don't eat?).

Shurikn said...

Yeah it taste a little like burned food, the point it to wait until it burns under it to eat it.