Sunday, August 4, 2013

30 days challenges: food - Day 11: Dorayaki

Today I felt lazy and stayed home, so I didn't know what to eat. Around 10:30 PM I went out to try and find something in a conbini, and noticed that if I would have gone out 1 hour before, I would have been able to see the local matsuri of my neighbourhood.... laziness is evil.

Day 11: Dorayaki


Dorayaki is 2 pancake-like patties made from castella wrapped around a filling of sweet Azuki red bean paste. It's really good, but I prefer Taiyaki to it.

Everytime I post about some food, I actually do a little search about it before, and today I learned that around 2003 there was a popular meme on the internet regarding Dorayaki. that consisted of a bunny called Oolong, balancing a Dorayaki on his head with the caption "I have no idea what you're talking about... so here's a bunny with a pancake on its head". You can learn more about this meme here:  http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/pancake-bunny

No comments: