Friday, July 26, 2013

30 days challenges: food - Day 2: Udon!

Hello, this is Day2 of my 30 day challenge : A new Japanese food everyday for 30 days.
Today I went back to one of the first restaurant I've been upon arriving in Japan. Their Udon are delicious, but a little expensive, which is why I didn't go for a while.
so Today's food:

Udon (with tempura)

 

Udon is pretty much a bigger ramen, but,the dough is not made the same way, and require a great pressure.  Last time I came to Japan, I had a class on making Udon and the dough was put inside a transparent bag, and we had to step and jump on it.
There's at least two ways to eat Udon that I know of, this one: as a soup, the other way is to take the udon from the water, then drop them into a sauce and eat them.
Udon is often coupled with tempura, but not always.

No comments: