Thursday, September 5, 2019

6 years of drawing!

TL;DR: Vote on your favorite drawing of the last year here: https://otakushurikn.blogspot.com/2019/09/best-drawing-201809-to-201909.html

This time I'm on time for this post!
today Marks the 6th year since I started drawing. Unfortunately, it wasn't really a good year for me again in drawing.
This year again I did very few full illustrations, a bit of that was due to making a new doujinshi though. So for the first few months of the year I didn't draw any full illustrations, except the cover... so you'd think after the doujin I would have more time, but it was the opposite, as every times before, Once the doujin was done (and after I did my Christmas and new year illustration), I got kinda burned out and stopped drawing for a while.

Then DAM made a contest on Pixiv, the theme was Touhou and music. I actually entered the contest, and obviously didn't win, but I'm still pretty satisfied with the drawing I did for it.After that I tried to work on my art, and of course I got discouraged. lost my will to draw. I started a ko-fi account, hoping that people tipping me to draw them a doodle would force me to stay motivated, it worked for a few weeks, basically all my friends trying to help, but then it died... I never did push it though. I'm really bad at this kind of marketing, because I don't feel like my art is really worth paying for... so I feel into another art block....
and that one lasted for a long time. and I think I am probably still in it. I registered to comiket again hoping that having a doujin to work on will get me out of it, but I still don't know if this is a success or not...


as for progress. I think I showed progress in the beginning of the year, the art in my doujin is definitely better than thee ones before, and I also got faster. I got better at just drawing by eye without using any 3D models for the body shapes too. The problem is, after the 2 art blocks, I don't think I ever got back to the level I was at the end of the doujin.

Anyway, here's my own favorite drawing per month of the last year.


Please take a minute of your time to vote on which was your favorite drawing from me in the last year, I'm always happy to see the results, and if you leave a message, it can help me get better.

You can vote here: https://otakushurikn.blogspot.com/2019/09/best-drawing-201809-to-201909.html

Thank you!

No comments: