Saturday, June 15, 2019

As it Happened: Chinese New Year 2015

First post in a new series of post "As it Happened". These post will be posts about old things that happened in japan, and that I didn't talk about on this blog, but that I want to talk about, or at least I want to remember them.

2015/02/17:



My favorite ramen shop in shimokitazawa employed a couple of chinese students, and they decided to make a chinese new year party inside the shop on the day it's closed. I was invited because I was friend with the manager and some of the part timers there. It was my first time really celebrating the chinese new year. All the food was cooked by the students, and I think most of it was by my friend.



As you can see on this picture, there was a lot of food involved. If I remember well, a lot of it was gyoza (I love gyoza so I was very pleased).

The strangest one was a gyoza cooked with cola. I love cola so I was really looking forward to trying it, but if my memory is good, it wasn't actually that good lol.


That's all for this post. Hopefully this new series will get me to actually start posting more frequently again.

No comments: