Monday, April 19, 2010

AKG k 271 Studio

Before anyone who stumbles upon this post start to read, I am by no way an Audiophile. I love music, I was tired of shitty headphones, had a big tax return and decided to treat myself to some good stuff.

Now the review.

The look (because, you know it's important to look bad ass): They me not be as beautiful as the 701 or 702, but they have the same design overall, a pretty fucking nice design if you ask me. They are black, closed, and give a look of "omg these look like some GOOOODDDD headphones"

The Sound: Well headphones are all about sound, but like I said, I'm not an audiophile. With that said, these headphones sound just awesome. The gain is good enough to have the perfect volume on my stereo. I even noticed a third guitar in the song "serenade of darkness" by "Axel rudi Pell" I had never noticed before.

The comfort: Once again, I've tried the 701 when I went to buy these, they don't compare, but they are still very comfortable, I don't think I'd go for 8 hours wearing them if I could avoid it. But they are still very comfortable, even with my glasses on, the pression on the side is minimal.

The misc: there's a sweet feature that make the headphones auto-mute when you remove them. I think it's neat, but I can see that being a trouble in the future, and something that might be 'the first thing to break' on them. The cable in unplugable from the headphones so if the cable get damaged, it can be changed by itself.

Overall: 250$ is not cheap, but I'm very happy about buying these. I do not regret buying them and I enjoy every seconds I have them on my head. While they could have been a little more comfortable, I have nothing to say against the sound or anything else.
9/10

Also I need to get better quality encode of most of my music now... ><

No comments: